Planning a trip across the Canadian border with the kids this summer without the other parent? You need a notarized travel consent!
If you are separated, trips without the other parent are the new normal. There is nothing worse than being stopped at the border with your kids in tow because you don’t have the right paper work. Your holiday could end before it starts.
Here’s what to include:
1. Full names and birth dates of each parent and each child.
2. Specific dates for travel and mode of transportation.
3. The destination address and contact details.
4. A statement authorizing the travelling parent to make emergency medical decisions while the children are in their care.
5. The letter should be in the form of a statutory declaration and must be notarized.
We can help prepare and notarize the letter for you so you can travel worry free. Bon voyage!